This is going to be a short post, just to let you know that I’m back home and everything is all right. I had a good time, and some new experiences, which I’m gonna tell you about shortly.
In the meantime, I wanted to share some of the major considerations I made. The main though, I guess is always gonna be the same. Traveling is fantastic, no matter what.
- First of all, I hate airports more and more. All that stress for just two hours and a half flight. Is anybody working on teletransportation?
- I got 1 beautiful day, 1 rainy and 1 half and half. I guess I’ve been pretty lucky ’cause I even saw the sun. Nonetheless, it was fucking freezing. I mean, here in Rome is practically summer right now.
- I met very interesting people, although not so many.
- As much as I like the junk food. fish and chips and all, Italian food it’s something I could never abandon, and the first thing I miss after a while.
- The first impact with the driving was striking. I’ll write something about it probably. Anyway, by the second day, I was already used to it.
- I wouldn’t say the hostel sucked, but it was not that special.
- Hey British people, what’s your deal with chips?! Seriously, I wanna know. Why they’re everywhere?
- Nottingham is a really nice city. Really.
- Sheffield isn’t bad at all.
- Derby’s nothing special.
- Sherwood forest sucks.
That said, I’m happy to have been around the Midlands. The country is very nice and it was very pleasant driving around its little country roads. Honestly I didn’t expect Nottingham to be so cute, it was just another city to visit in a country I like. So all in all, it’s been a good experience. And I’m ready for the next one, now.